More than a career – a chance to make a difference in people’s lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you’ll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
Please attach your current unofficial transcript in order to be considered for this position. Your application should also include relevant samples of your own written work.
The Corporate Communications Carolinas Public Affairs team operating in South and North Carolina manages media strategy, communications consulting, executive positioning and the development and implementation of integrated, strategic communications plans to support the legislative, regulatory and public affairs strategies for the Carolinas region. The Carolinas Public Affairs internship is designed to provide college students the opportunity to work within a fast-paced and multifaceted Corporate Communications team. The intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in various Duke Energy functional areas, including Corporate Communications, Government and Community Relations, Stakeholder Engagement, and Regulatory Affairs and Policy.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communications, or related discipline (e.g., Public Affairs, Public Policy, etc.).
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Students classified as juniors or above.
- Previous internships or work experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through on-campus, extracurricular/volunteer activities, etc.
- Participation in student journalism or public relations organizations (e.g., PRSA).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately using written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with AP Style.
- Ability to work full-time (Monday-Friday) for 12 weeks in the summer of 2023.
- Work will be performed from both remote and onsite locations with a primary work location in Greenville, S.C.
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Friday, December 9, 2022
To apply for this job please visit dukeenergy.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.