Are you a quick study, with the ability to grasp complex issues? Are you well-versed and interested in current economic, financial, and political events? Are you a strong researcher, writer, and communicator? If so, you might be just who we’re looking for.
As part of an effort to build and grow the firm, Sloane & Company (“Sloane”) is seeking a high energy, intellectually curious, team-oriented, and self-directed Intern to join our team this summer. This internship will be based in New York City and applicants must be willing to adhere to our hybrid remote/in-person work policy.
Sloane is a strategic communications firm specializing in:
- Corporate and Financial Public Relations
- Investor Relations
- Crisis/Litigation/Transaction Support
- Social Media & Analytics
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest through prior internships or coursework/campus involvement in communications (public relations, journalism, digital media, etc.), as well as strong organizational and time management skills.
Your responsibilities will include working with our associates to:
- Help companies across industries better tell their corporate story to key audiences;
- Monitor client media coverage through tools including but not limited to Cision, Google, TalkWalker and the Bloomberg Terminal;
- Identify new publications, writers and columns;
- Develop materials including but not limited to media briefs, media lists, statements and press releases;
- Implement research programs on behalf of clients and prospects; and
- Utilize all mediums to help a client disseminate key messages, including social media.
Sloane is an exciting place to build your career and we are looking for diligent and dedicated people who want to be a part of our culture. Our interns are an integral part of the team and its successes. If you excel in an entrepreneurial and collaborative environment and want to begin your career working on interesting assignments for clients that run the gamut from well-known, Fortune 500-type companies to startups and industry associations then Sloane & Company may be an ideal place for you.
If interested, please email the following application materials to email@example.com:
- Writing Prompt – In 250 words or less, analyze a company crisis and how they responded to it.
- Cover Letter (optional)
To apply for this job please visit app.joinhandshake.com.