Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Investigative Unit produces investigative pieces for all of ABC News’ programming, including Good Morning America, World News Tonight with David Muir, Nightline, 20/20 and ABC News Live.
You will play a key role in supporting producers in every step of the production process.
A Day in the Life…
- Supporting producers with research on long and short-term investigations
- Providing tape research and transcription
- Assisting producers with organizational assistance in the production and editing process
- Writing investigative pieces for our Digital platform
What we are looking for…
- Strong research and writing is a must
- Demonstrated interest in investigative journalism
- Experience in a breaking news environment
- Good knowledge of Windows/Outlook/Filing Systems
- Ability to transcribe quickly and accurately
- Willingness to be a self-starter and work long hours and/or weekends if needed
- Especially interested in graduate students with a strong interest in investigative reporting
- Familiarity with AVID News Cutter or other editing programs
- Experience with photo editing programs
- Broadcast/streaming news experience or an understanding of how TV production comes together
- To be eligible for this internship you must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Film/Television or a related field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must be able to work on-site in New York City and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be willing to travel if needed; preferred applicants will also hold a valid driver’s license
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2024 – June 2024. Candidate must be available to work 40 hours/week in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship- could be nights, weekends and possible overnights
The pay rate for this internship in New York, NY is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.