Website Barrington Stage Company
Barrington Stage Company (BSC) is seeking an Archivist to join our Artistic team. BSC is a
not-for-profit professional theatre company in the Berkshires with a three-fold mission: to
produce top notch, compelling work; to develop new plays and musicals; and to engage our
community with vibrant, inclusive educational outreach programs.
Main Duties Include:
● Acquire, process, arrange, and describe all records of archival merit as are
appropriate for the June M. Guertin Archives at Barrington Stage Company.
● Develop, implement, and oversee policies for all archival operations.
● Conduct on-demand digitization and manage larger digitization projects. Identify
materials in the collections that are priorities for digitization.
● Respond to all internal and external reference requests in a timely manner. Provide
accurate, thorough information to requestors.
● Conduct oral history interviews with key members of Barrington Stage Company’s
history as determined by the archivist and the Artistic Director.
The successful candidate will have:
● Familiarity with archival collections including physical and digital records, and
experience handling and preserving archival materials.
● Demonstrated knowledge of archival best practices, preservation standards, and
descriptive standards including DACS, Dublin Core, and controlled vocabularies.
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
● Ability to work independently, set priorities, and carry out tasks with minimal
supervision as well as a willingness to work in a team setting.
● Comfortable working on PC and Mac platforms and familiarity with Google Suite.
● Willingness to self-educate and learn relevant skills (such as videography, programs
in the Adobe suite, or Intuiface) and theatrical terminology to fulfill the duties listed
● Knowledge of videography is a plus. Training will be provided.
To apply, please submit a cover letter
and resume to email@example.com with Archivist in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org