Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Assistant Director Public Relations, Marketing & Communications for the Institute for the Study of Global Racial Justice (ISGRJ).This position reports to the Executive Director of the ISGRJ with a dotted line reporting relationship to the Vice President for University Communications and Marketing. The position serves as a key advisor to the Executive Director and the Institute’s campus directors on strategic issues and helps to create an integrated marketing and communications plan to advance the Institute’s mission and objectives at Rutgers, and globally. Communications about research, events and public service projects at the Institute informs many audiences, including faculty and students, government agencies and non-governmental organizations, industries, foundations and other partners. Among the duties of this position are the following:
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
• Advises the Executive Director of the ISGRJ as well as the campus ISGRJ Directors on communications and other strategic issues, and plays a key role in the organization’s strategic planning.
• Develops messaging and communication materials in cooperation with the Department of University Communications and Marketing, and puts in place vehicles to create momentum and promote awareness of the Institute and its work.
• Manages the production of collateral publications, website and social media content, videos, prospectus and proposals, and media strategy in consultation with University Communications and Marketing.
• Develops and manages an annual budget for communications and marketing and secures and supervises freelancers and external firms as needed.
• Utilizes events, speaking engagements, and other activities to forward the Institute, its initiatives, and leading faculty among global racial justice initiatives, projects and partners.
• Works collaboratively with communications offices at Rutgers to position Rutgers as a leader in the study of global racial justice.
• Works with the department of University Communications and Marketing to manage news media.
• Works autonomously and with little oversight to lead the communications and marketing efforts of the Institute.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.rutgers.edu.