Website Bergenfield Public Library
The Bergenfield Public Library is looking for a creative part-time library associate to work in our busy Youth Services Department. This individual should be friendly, flexible and, most importantly, love working with young children and their caregivers as well as teens.
This position is perfect for the MLS student who is just starting out in his/her program and seeking ways to build up a resume and expand opportunities for professional growth. Individuals who are considering a career in library science are encouraged to apply as well.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Handle all functions associated with both Children’s and Teen Desks including answering patrons’ questions and identifying, locating and recommending age-appropriate materials
- Coordinate and execute library programs for various ages (virtual and in person)
- Assist professional staff with outreach visits (virtual and in person)
- Perform collection development and maintenance as needed
- Represent the Library at off-site community events
- Participation in the Library’s passport acceptance program
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate must possess demonstrated commitment to the provision of outstanding customer service. We are looking for someone who has the ability to relate well to and work harmoniously with staff, patrons and other members of the community.
College degree and strong computer skills required, along with a sense of humor. Those who speak multiple languages are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is for 20 hours per week and will include an evening shift as well as participation in the rotating weekend schedule. Send a cover letter, resume and three references to Allison Ballo, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com