The Future Talent Program features internships that lasts up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Support Functions Division can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
This role is an opportunity to help with critical communications support for clinical trials; the role would support the Research Lab and Business Communications with internal and external communication efforts. Clinical trials are an essential component to bringing new medicines to patients and communities. The key areas of focus include: (1) diversity in clinical trials, (2) clinical trial recruitment and (3) general education and awareness of clinical trials. This internship is the ultimate reminder that as new medicines and vaccines continue to take center stage around the globe, timely completion of carefully controlled clinical trials in is critical to drug development. This opportunity opens doors to meeting new stakeholders, behind the scenes learning of about our business and communication efforts at the enterprise level.
The role would report into the Director of the Research Labs and Business Communications and support the VP of the Research Labs and Business Communications as needed. Here’s how we would partner:
Support execution of clinical trials communication strategy:
- Storytelling in the clinical trials space for internal and external communications content
- Creation of toolkits for clinical trial recruitment efforts in collaboration with agency partners and the GCTO team (includes core response documents; speaking guidance; social media content; infographics, etc.)
- Support on planning meetings with key stakeholders and setting agendas for each meeting
- Legal/compliance reviews support
- Health literacy media reviews
- Analytics and measurement
- Global rollout of materials; etc.
- Design experience a plus
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently in their junior year or above pursuing a college degree preferably in related field (e.g., Business, English, Marketing/Communications)
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for the summer months, beginning in May 2023 through August 2023
- Candidates must have basic computer proficiency with Windows-based applications (Excel, Word, Power Point) SharePoint
- Candidate’s location would be in the Rahway, NJ, location
- Candidates will be expected to come to the Rahway, NJ, office 2-3 times a week
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Candidates should understand the basic principles of communications, public relations, and social media, with strong proof-reading, editing and grammar skills
- Candidates should be able to possesses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Candidates should have a strong team player and collaborative spirit
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Under New York City, Washington State and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.merck.com.