About the job
Princeton University’s Office of Communications seeks a dynamic and versatile communications professional to serve as a Communications Senior Strategist. Reporting to the Director of Campus Communications, the senior strategist will support internal communication intended primarily for faculty and staff. The senior strategist will work collaboratively with units across campus providing support ranging from writing, copy editing, and guidance i communications strategy.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples. Examples may include an article or profile piece prepared for a website, an email that was distributed to a large audience, or a communications plan.
- Manage the University’s intranet: Inside Princeton.
- Monthly updates to University Links.
- Manage Announcements, including emails sent to All-Employee and Dean of the Faculty listservs.
- Create unique content for the News section.
- Manage requests form units to add content to News section and Calendar.
- Update the Inside Princeton calendar with academic and University events.
- Foster relationships with key partners in an effort to coordinate content for and to promote the use.
- Liaise with unit staff to help strategic support for developing content and reaching campus audiences.
- Work primarily with Human Resources, Facilities, Department of the Faculty, Office of the Dean of the College, Environmental Health Services, Office of Information Technology, University Health Services and others to share ideas and produce content with broader communications potential.
- Promote unit/department events and initiatives, execute successful e-mail marketing efforts, and apply basic design principles within commonly used web publishing environments.
- Serve as a bridge to central University communications to help surface important stories.
- Prepare content for the university homepage and other websites that support internal communications.
- Project manage special projects such as the emeritus faculty booklet, commencement website, and updating the Right, Rules, and Regulations and Princeton Profile websites.
- Bachelor’s degree. 7+ years of experience in communications or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Versatility and flexibility is essential, as this position requires the senior strategist to divide time and attention across multiple units throughout the University.
- Attention to detail and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle responsibilities, meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Creativity in setting strategy and curiosity in approaching assignments.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and also as part of multiple teams.
- Ability to constructively edit others’ work.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience, And Other Education
- Experience in university setting.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see Policy For Detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver’s License Required
To apply for this job please visit main-princeton.icims.com.