University of Florida
The Communications & Marketing Administrative Assistant is a vital member of the Strategic Communications & Marketing team. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing, this position will also provide support to the Executive Director of Strategic Communications and Executive Director of Creative Services. The incumbent will also directly assist the team with project management, strategic initiatives, and fiscal management while integrating all activities and initiatives with Advancement’s organizational goals, culture, vision, mission and values.
Role and Responsibilities:
Project Management Support
- Work in close collaboration with Advancement SCM leadership to plan, organize and monitor the production of development communications, marketing projects, and events involving clients/project sponsors. Ensure project deliverables are completed on deadline and within budget.
- Build and maintain positive relationships and act as the liaison between SCM leadership and other Advancement partners.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for project updates and status and communicate changes to scope, deliverables or deadlines in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain the project management system throughout the production process. Organize and save final electronic versions of documents and files in the system at the close of all projects.
- Prioritize multiple assignments and plans and execute strategies to work independently and under limited timeframes to meet deadlines.
- Work with clients/project sponsors to establish metrics and evaluate and analyze project success. Produce accurate reports to guide future decision making as needed.
- Identify obstacles, resolve issues and, devise solutions throughout the process to continually improve protocols, templates and procedures and maximize efficiency.
- Serve on Advancement committees and manage special projects as needed.
- Prepare handouts, presentations and other support documents for the Executive Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing.
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendar for the Executive Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing.
- Facilitate communication by responding to the general SCM email box, scheduling department staff meetings and other meetings for SCM leadership, preparing and editing correspondence to team and affiliated stakeholders and producing minutes and agendas as needed.
- Maintain travel arrangements for SCM directors and other related units/departments, as appropriate.
- Order office supplies from approved vendors and manage inventory for SCM. Establish consistent and regular ordering procedures.
- Support SCM’s hiring process by scheduling interviews and conference rooms, preparing materials, ordering food and communicating with candidates. Support onboarding of new hires reporting to SCM leadership by scheduling orientation meetings and preparing materials.
- Submit work orders as needed for central equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Evaluate office procedures regularly and offer recommendations for changes to improve efficiency.
- Assist in drafting and preparing presentation materials as requested.
- Run errands and make deliveries as needed on and around campus.
- Ensure and provide quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Participate in regular status meetings to inform team and stakeholders of project deliverables updates, and impending deadlines and milestones.
- Coordinate the expertise and resources of the communications and marketing team to meet the department’s strategic objectives.
- Communicate with staff and clients regarding project status updates.
- Contribute to communications projects as needed.
- Assist in the development and justification of operating budgets for SCM; manage credit card use, monitor and coordinate annual operating budget preparation and provide periodic reports, to include monitoring monthly budget reports and keeps accurate records to ensure alignment with budget at all times.
- Manage financial records, prepare disbursement requests for the department and handle invoice payments.
- Assist the Executive Director with preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain and track accounting records to compare to actual reports in order to report any variances that may impact budget requests.
To apply for this job please visit explore.jobs.ufl.edu.