IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, YOU MUST APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH THE AIRBNB CAREER SITE: https://grnh.se/bcbc73ee1us
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Airbnb is seeking Communications Interns for our 2024 Summer Intern Program from May 20, 2024 – August 9, 2024.
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it’s speaking to media and bloggers, Hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. As an intern, you’ll be matched to one of the following teams:
- Channel Communications – responsible for the strategy and execution of company campaigns, comms campaigns and editorial content across comms-owned channels (social, influencer + Airbnb Newsroom). We define how Airbnb as a brand shows up externally on our social platforms, manage and ensure alignment of the Global Comms calendar, oversee and manage our proactive community engagement and rapid response social strategies, and deploy robust reputation and issues management tracking.
- Entertainment and Consumer Communications – responsible for the campaigns that keep Airbnb front of mind, helping to stimulate word-of-mouth and supporting direct traffic to the site. We are a versatile team that launches compelling year-round campaigns to insert Airbnb into a wide range of pop culture conversations.
- Corporate Communications – responsible for defending the company from a financial, trust and safety, crisis and executive standpoint, while proactively spreading positive news about all aspects of our business and maintaining and shaping a corporate narrative that aligns with the company’s initiatives, such as our product launches.
- Product and Launch Communications – focused on bringing our constant product innovations to life, positioning Airbnb as a travel innovator and leader in the industry. We lead the bi-annual product launches (Summer and Winter Releases) – two major moments in the Airbnb calendar – and continue to sustain product news throughout the year through data, executives and a compelling narrative.
The difference you will make:
As an intern, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects. Your manager, team, and our incredible employee community will strive to be superhosts to you during the summer. We provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product, as Airbnb revolutionizes connection, belonging, and travel. You can expect to:
- Own and complete a capstone project from beginning to end
- Collaborate with multiple team members to achieve project milestones
- Communicate with stakeholders across different teams to provide project updates
- Seek and provide feedback throughout the internship
- Actively participate in and contribute to the Communications team and broader Airbnb community
A typical day:
You’ll get first-hand experience on what it is like to be on the Communications team at Airbnb. You can expect to:
- Monitor and analyze brand and competitor social media, providing insights and research.
- Analyze social media performance for brand and influencer partners, preparing metrics and reports.
- Create slide decks, documents, and compile editorial press pitches and Newsroom posts.
- Facilitate Host outreach for approvals on featuring stays in press and obtaining photo credits.
- Support program management of campaigns, including drafting briefs, press materials, and maintaining trackers.
- Assist in talent consultant needs, team coordination, and scheduling meetings/travel.
- Collaborate with internal teams and agencies to develop global media strategies for consumer campaigns.
- Stay informed about evolving trends through social media monitoring and news cycles, identifying press opportunities.
This opportunity is for current full-time Bachelor & Master students with at least one semester of school remaining after the internship with the following skills and background
- Studying Communications, Media Studies, Public Relations, or similar field
- Strong attention to detail and excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in time management and organization, with the ability to manage quick and unexpected deadlines
- Adaptability and flexibility to handle fast-paced environments and unexpected deadlines
- Experience in building organic campaigns and strategies for favorable press and social buzz
- Familiarity with social media platforms and landscapes, including X, TikTok, and LinkedIn
- Interest in and basic understanding of the business and branding and a passion for pop culture, social media, and trends
Nice to Haves:
- Previously worked in a PR agency, Communications team, or newsroom
- Experience in social media content creation and/or community engagement
- Traveled and/or hosted on Airbnb
How to apply:
This is a rolling application. In addition to your resume, you will be asked to respond to three, short-answer questions and submit a writing sample.
The sample writing sample should be between 2-3 pages of content and align with the internship at hand. It can be an assignment from Communications/PR/media class, blog post, news articles, op-eds, social media copywriting, etc..
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we’ll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career or degree level. This role may also be eligible for benefits and Employee Travel Credits.
Currency: USD Pay rate: $28 – $32 per hour
To apply for this job please visit careers.airbnb.com.