Website The Rutgers Gun Violence Research Center
The Rutgers Gun Violence Research Center seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in their communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience the GVRC Communications initiatives surrounded by research. The internship consists of assisting the Communications team in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and in a team environment to fulfill organizational goals related to the center.
· Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
· Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
· Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
· Understanding of the basic principles of public relations and/or marketing
· Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is highly desired.
· Knowledge of HTML, website content management, and graphic design is a plus
· Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
· Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support Hillel programming
· Self-starter, good time management, creative, with the ability to communicate in a professional manner
· Ability to work well independently and within a team
· Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
· Assist in planning, writing, and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters.
· Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.
· Assist in design event/program fliers, graphics, and other marketing material
· Update and maintain GVRC social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling, and reporting Twitter and Facebook updates. Also, provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
· Assist in managing editorial and event calendars
· Create online advertisements as needed
· Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for communications
Start Date: Beginning of Fall 2021 semester
Hours: 8-10 hours/week, including weekly planning meeting with supervisor
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org