First Citizens Bank offers an exciting summer internship program that provides development opportunities and hands on work experience while creating a talent pipeline for the Bank. Our interns will apply classroom knowledge in a corporate environment while making a positive impact across the organization and the communities we serve. Come help First Citizens build for the future!
- While a majority of the principal accountabilities are assigned by the intern’s direct manager, there is a determined effort across the Bank to make each intern a dynamic part of the team with interesting projects. Accountabilities can and may include areas such as research, analytics, projects, strategy, process review and improvement, as well as technology enhancements and support. Attend professional development sessions, informational sessions, networking and community service events while having a dedicated manager and program manager to help you navigate the bank and the internship program.
- Each intern will be assigned a project which will be designed to improve a specific process or solve a problem that will be presented at the close of the internship. A wrap-up presentation will be prepared by the Interns to be shared with the division leader and other key stakeholders in the company to outline their accomplishments and experience during the internship.
- Support communications strategies and tactics to advance the business and protect reputation, draft social posts on business updates including financings, speaking engagements, promotions/new hires, leader quotes/commentary and awards/recognition
- Manage distribution of press releases via PR Newswire, pitch press releases and leader quotes/commentary to relevant media outlets, and managing speaking engagements, developing byline articles and crafting blog posts
- The base pay for this position is relative to your experience but the range is generally $22.44/hr – $34.32/hr. This position is not eligible for the benefits program.
- High School Diploma or GED and 1 year of experience
Currently enrolled at an accredited collegiate institution (during the time of the summer program)
Ability to work 40 hours per week during the duration of the program
3.0 minimum GPA
Microsoft Office Experience, PowerPoint experience preferred
Strong desire to learn and grow
Possess a positive attitude, naturally curious and enjoys collaborating with others
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Critical thinking skills
Ability to multitask
Ability to adapt and adjust priorities based on business needs
Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly