About the job
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Are you creative and daring? Do you have digital savvy? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Are you ready to launch your career with Weber Shandwick?
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns become an important part of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day.
What’s in it for you? Our Interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals.
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and compelling social content
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work are critical
- Technical: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with platforms like Cision, Muckrack, Meltwater, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, Quid, and/or LexisNexis a plus
- Dynamic: You must be able to work in a fast-paced agency environment and juggle tasks
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: All new hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing
- Built-In Mentorship: You’ll be invited to panels and workshops to learn from the greatest in the industry
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a full-time position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by the start of the internship or have demonstrated transferrable skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week starting January 2024
NYC Salary range: $15.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.