Position at Ashoka
Are you looking for purpose and an opportunity to co-lead an initiative, to help shape it and to engage African diaspora leaders and organizations?
Do you enjoy working with ambiguity, huge challenges and constant change to design and implement transformative ground breaking initiatives?
Are you looking for your next big thing, enjoy working cross teams, multi cultures, with prospects to grow, learn and enable others find their big purpose too?
Are you a changemaker and are looking to work in a changemaker environment as an intraprenuer?
Then Ashoka is looking for you, to join our Africa and global Diaspora team of teams as the Partnerships Manager.
Our purpose is for Diaspora communities and networks to be widely understood as a strategic constituency for an “Everyone a Changemaker” world, to co-lead together with our social entrepreneurs and key allies in the field, and to enable Ashoka to raise funding for its core mission as a result. The Ashoka Diaspora team is working with diaspora communities, to contribute to their thriving in the new home and connect and create opportunities in their countries of origin.
Ashoka is best known as the world’s largest network of systems changing social entrepreneurs. Ashoka is on an audacious mission – to create a world where everyone is a changemaker i.e. a world where everyone has the skills to make a positive change in their families or communities. It is only in such a world that the solutions will outrun the problems. Launched in 1981, Ashoka now has a network of over 3,500 leading social entrepreneurs (Ashoka Fellows), 10,000 youth ventures, 250+ Changemaker Schools, and 35+ Changemaker Campuses – as well as a community of 20,000+ innovators on Changemakers.com. Ashoka is working with this network to educate and empower young people with the skills to create and drive positive solutions. Please check http://www.ashoka.org for more details.
Do you live in the digital sphere? Are you the first to hear about the next big thing in social enterprise? We are looking for a tech-savvy, creative Communications Intern to join our team at Ashoka Diaspora Networks. We’re keen to find someone to provide ongoing core support to all aspects of Ashoka’s internal and external communications and events. We’d love to hear from you if you love social entrepreneurship, education and innovation!
About this Internship:
- Work with the program managers on a global internal and external communication strategy (target, contents, tonality, etc.)
- Create and integrate the best supports:
- Create integrated media campaigns, on topics ranging from youth entrepreneurship to social innovation, business alliances, and online competitions with corporate partners.
- Design and develop marketing materials for all Ashoka’s Diaspora work, programs and events
- Ashoka Diaspora Network’s website: make recommendations on the next steps, support with content copywriting, storytelling and editing.
- Oversee the daily Social Media calendar: Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube.
- Contents strategy: source, curate and create rich content for Ashoka’s social media channels, e.g. video, image and audio content. Tell our Fellows’ stories & Ashoka’s history.
- Engage the team in our communications efforts, working collegially with teams from around the world.
- Support in all Ashoka Diaspora Network’s events in terms of media, communications, marketing and logistics.
- Supervise all logistics linked to Communications and Marketing.
- Public Relations Strategy: define the basic toolkit for medias and the pool of medias we could work with.
- could work with.
- Support the team with database management on Salesforce
- Support the team with general admin
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.