Healthfirst’s 2023 Summer Trailblazer Internship is a 10-week paid program beginning on June 5, 2023. This is an immersive and interactive learning experience, that lays a foundation for continued leadership development. Interns do impactful work, collaborating with other interns, employees, and business leaders to solve current business problems and deliver solutions.
The Enterprise Strategic Planning Intern is responsible for providing market intelligence and analytical support to the Enterprise Strategic Planning team to develop, implement, and continuously improve upon enterprise strategic planning and execution.
This role will support market intelligence and competitive landscape assessments for Strategic Planning to support enterprise growth, including all lines of business and market segments – both existing and new. This role also will support the development and distribution of market analysis and competitive intelligence insights and reports through research and analysis of new, existing, and non-traditional competitors, technologies, services, disruptive forces, and key market trends, and market share.
This role is responsible for supporting well-informed strategic decisions across Healthfirst:
- Monitor market segments and compile information from multiple sources to prepare and distribute concise, time-sensitive and accurate reporting and competitive news and insights for internal audiences, including developing competitor profiles, market overviews, and reporting on competitor investor calls
- Design, create, modify, support and maintain regular reports, including but not limited to a weekly news summary
- Prepare ad-hoc reports as required by senior management
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Undergraduate students must be a junior or senior at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program. Graduate students must be enrolled at an accredited institution or have graduated within 12 months of the program.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and synthesize information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively present ideas and build consensus with stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, and both written and oral communication skills required
- Ability to translate details of competitors and complex market dynamics into consumable and actionable intelligence for both senior executives and field staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Will not require sponsorship for employment
- Senior on track to graduate with a Bachelor’s degree (Spring 2024), preferably in analytics, public health, business, economics, or another related field, or Master’s degree candidate, preferably in public health, business, or health administration
- Experience developing market research and competitive analysis
- Greater New York City Area (NY, NJ, CT residents): $38,200 – $49,920
- All Other Locations (within approved locations): $33,300 – $47,840
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon your work experience, education, licenses and certifications, and any other factors Healthfirst deems pertinent to the hiring decision.
In addition to your salary, Healthfirst offers employees a full range of benefits such as, medical, dental and vision coverage, incentive and recognition programs, life insurance, and 401k contributions (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Healthfirst believes in providing a competitive compensation and benefits package wherever its employees work and live.
*The hiring range is defined as the lowest and highest salaries that Healthfirst in “good faith” would pay to a new hire, or for a job promotion, or transfer into this role.
To apply for this job please visit careers.healthfirst.org.