Every great story has a new beginning. We’re excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world’s most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We’re home to the world’s best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The application deadline for Spring 2023 is Friday, November, 4th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position
All internships will be a hybrid, in-person (based on your manager’s in office schedule) unless explicitly stated as a virtual opportunity.
The Food Network editorial team has the opportunity to dip our toes into so many other types of work. We are constantly in communication with members of other teams including the social team to work on content promotion and video team to determine which pieces of content would benefit from a more visual component. But the best part of working in this department is how versatile the work is every day. Some days we are testing products, others we are on set and most days we get to do our favorite part of the job, which is writing for the site.
During this internship, we want our intern to gain experience in the every part of the content cycle from the brainstorming to actually finishing a project. They will help us come up with new content ideas, write articles, build them in the CMS and see them promoted and published live on the site with their byline. In this department, we like to give our interns projects they can feel real ownership over and will leave the semester with their name on articles and projects they worked on. By the end of the internship, they will leave with a great collection of stories published to the site that they can take real pride in.
- Must be a Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
About Our Program
WBD’s Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunties to learn valuable skills that will helo you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- Our Spring 2023 program is a 12 Week Internship that will run from Monday, February 6th through Friday, April 28th, 2023
- Part time-schedule (16-24 hours/week) required
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
Interviewing will take place from September through early December. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wbd.com.