Forbes is recruiting for Journalists to join our Editorial Fellowship, a nine-month immersive training program for early career business journalists who will rotate through our newsroom in order to learn targeted skills specific to a Forbes career. We are looking for recent college graduates who embody the Forbes entrepreneurial spirit to innovate and who are passionate about learning.
We strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
About the role:
The Fellowship will begin with a week-long business journalism bootcamp, a series of classes taught by top editors. Fellows will then rotate through the newsroom during a series of three, 3-month assignments in order to develop financial analysis, investigations, source development, and news reporting.
We are looking for recent college graduates who are interested in business journalism and have some experience in reporting, including internships and work on college newspapers. People making a career switch to journalism will also be considered, depending on their previous experience, training and education.
- Develop the skills related to pitching, reporting and writing breaking news, trend pieces, second day takes, and feature length business stories.
- Work on wealth valuations and financial investigations focused on the world’s wealthiest people.
- Work alongside veteran reporters to cultivate sources and find scoops.
- Conduct research related to list rankings (contact sources, gather documents and data, write short profiles).
- Fact-check the Daily Cover Story on Forbes.com and magazine stories.
- Collaborate with Forbes staffers on special projects.
The ideal candidate:
- Recent college graduates from either undergraduate or graduate programs. Candidates must have graduated within the past 24 months.
- Journalism major, significant roles at a collegiate publication, OR previous journalism internship is required.
- Prior experience in fact-checking, reporting, writing, and editing.
- Solid news judgment with an understanding of journalistic standards and editorial ethics.
- Experience with publishing platforms, current digital and social media technologies and SEO best practices.
- Strong interest in business/entrepreneurship and understanding of basic financial terms/figures.
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from financial documents.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
About The Fellowship Program
- This is a full-time, temporary position.
- The role will be paid hourly and the weekly schedule is expected to be 40 hours per week.
- Fellowships begin in April, and will last for 12 months.
How to Apply
In your application, please include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter describing yourself, telling us how Forbes or a Forbes story inspired you to be a business journalist & sharing what you want to learn from this experience
- Three published clips.
Candidates that are selected for interviews will be contacted by a member of our team.
The hourly rate for this role is $26.44 – $26.44.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.