Disney Careers- GMA3
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
GMA3: What You Need to Know is a news, health and lifestyle program. As an intern at GMA3, you will perform a variety of duties that are invaluable to the show’s success. Your duties will not only help the production staff in creating our daily show but also help you learn and grow, setting you up for a successful and exciting career in broadcast journalism. The internship will consist of putting together research packets, booking potential guests, maintaining a production calendar, pitching segment ideas as well as general administrative support.
A Day in the Life…
- Assist show producers to find best visual elements for segments & packages (i.e. broll, stills, props, gfx)
- Help producers with research for guest segments, work closely with legal & standards, affiliate desk to ensure all elements are sourced properly
- Assist with creating digital and social content across all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and GoodMorningAmerica.com
- Work closely with tape department with editing VOs and NATSOTs
- Help staff with general office needs
- Actively pitch ideas for guest & tape segments
What we are looking for…
- A demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interest in production and knowledge of the show
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of current events & strong editorial judgement
- Demonstrate strong writing & research skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in MS Word, Access & Excel
- Previous internship experience, either print or broadcast
- Some experience related to social media including Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube
- Familiar with Adobe Suite
- AVID editing experience preferred
- To be eligible for this internship you must be a junior, senior or a recent graduate (within 6 months of your graduation date) pursing a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Film/Television or a related field
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age and possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must be able to work on-site in New York City and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2024 – June 2024. Candidate must be available to work 40 hours/week in Eastern Standard time for the duration of the internship- could be nights, weekends and possible overnights
The pay rate for this internship in New York, NY is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.