Global Strategy Group
Global Strategy Group is proud to kick off our 2023 Spring Internship search, and we’re looking for you! Our Communications & Public Affairs practice focuses on strategic communications, crisis communications, brand & message development, and grassroots campaigns, to name a few. Our internships are designed for rising college seniors and recent graduates who are motivated to jump in and take a hands-on approach to learn all aspects of the work we do for our clients.
Throughout your internship with GSG, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a bustling agency while contributing valuable work to the team. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
As a GSG Intern, you will work closely with the entire Communications & Public Affairs team on any number of tasks, projects, or presentations. GSG Interns are expected to be open-minded, ambitious, and professional!
Our Spring Interns must be able to commit working full-time (40 hrs/wk.). The position will be a hybrid role with an in person component. It will begin mid-January and go through the end of the academic school year (May). Pay rate is $20/hour.
As the Communications & Public Affairs Intern, you will be responsible to:
- Prepare written materials for advocacy campaigns and grassroots logistics, including database maintenance, press releases, FAQ sheets, draft letters, statements, memos, etc.
- Closely monitor events in the news, compile press lists, and perform background research for current and potential clients
- Cover press events and public hearings (including, but not limited to, community board meetings), as well as assist in public event coordination
- Help manage canvassing and direct community outreach
- Assist with digital advertising and social media campaigns
Do the following descriptions sound like you?
- You are motivated & responsible, a natural self-starter, and someone who can execute strong work with minimal direction.
- You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills, and can work quickly and efficiently.
- You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, operating in an Outlook & PC world.
- You are familiar with social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other cutting-edge outlets, and have a sense of best practices within these spaces.
- You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- You are comfortable talking on the phone with vendors, colleagues, media, and community stakeholders. You’re ready to reach out to a complete stranger and get the necessary message across!
- You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as knowledge of media & politics, familiarity of social media monitoring and media database tools, and maybe even Photoshop or design skills! These are not required, but certainly a plus.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you this spring, we want to hear from you!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with your desire to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs of the position will be contacted via email.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.