GM Financial was founded as Americredit in September 1992 and opened its first branch office in Fort Worth, Texas. On October 10, 2010, Americredit Corp. was acquired by General Motors Company and renamed General Motors Financial Company, Inc. (GM Financial). GM Financial is the captive auto finance company and subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, U.S. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America and Asia.GM Financial offers many unique opportunities to talented emerging professionals in our Summer Internship Program. As an intern at our company, you’ll gain hands-on, real-world experience alongside industry-leading professionals during the 10-week program. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a professional environment and build a strong foundation for your future career.
We are looking for students who are ready to take on stimulating projects and gain exposure to a variety of industry initiatives. Our program offers:
- 10 weeks of work experience
- Competitive salary
- Executive and peer networking opportunities
- Independent and team project experiences
- Philanthropic activities
- Career development
- Opportunity to apply for full-time career positions
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with at least one semester remaining upon start of the internship.
- Must possess a minimum of a 3.0 (out of a 4 point scale) overall GPA.
- Junior or Senior classification preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. This incumbent will be required to give presentations and communicate with business leaders.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
The Intern – IT Project Management position will provide hands-on experience with project management, in addition to opportunities for research. The successful intern candidate should have experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and project management tools (ex. PlanView). Additionally, experience with waterfall and agile project management is preferred.
This is a remote intern position based in Arlington, TX. The GMF summer internship program is a 40 hours per week experience from May 31-August 4, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit careers-gmfinancial.icims.com.