Website JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Internal Communications, Media Relations & Corporate Events Full Time Analyst Opportunity
If you like storytelling and engaging with internal and external stakeholders, we have great roles for you. As an Analyst on the Internal Communications, Media Relations or Corporate Events teams, you will play an important role in supporting how the firm shares information and engages with external constituents and employees.
You’ll collaborate with our top-tier communications and events professionals to shape the narrative of the firm’s businesses and initiatives and to keep our employees in the know with the information they need. You’ll have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions, while developing your professional expertise in a dynamic team environment.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us deliver solutions for our internal and external stakeholders. We’ll give you what you need to succeed including mentoring, access to senior leaders and projects that engage all your skills.
What to expect
As a first year Analyst you’ll get hands-on experience and learn the foundations of what it means to be a communicator or events planner at the firm. As a member of the Internal Communications or Media Relations team, you’ll gain first-hand experience of our global communications and engagement ecosystem including our channels, tools and media planning process. As a member of the Corporate Events team, you’ll support the global team on foundational planning tasks and partner with planners and colleagues on a variety of best in class events.
You’ll be placed as a member on one of the following teams where you’ll work in one of the following functional groups:
• Internal Communications – Work with experienced communications professionals on content development, channel management and executive communications for the firm’s senior leaders and employees.
• Media Relations – Learn from world-class media professionals on developing and managing media plans, developing talking points and key messages for our spokespeople and conducting media coverage research.
• Events – Partner with our professional planners to deliver events for our clients inside and outside the firm, ranging from large investor conferences to intimate roundtable dinner discussions to sports & entertainment sponsorships.
And we’ll make sure that you are fully supported with mentoring, networking and skills building opportunities.
Locations you may join:
• New York Metro (including Jersey City)
• Columbus, OH
• Washington, DC
• Wilmington, DE
We are looking for highly-motivated individuals who have a passion for communications, media relations or event planning that will help the firm tell its story.
• Pursuing a B.A., B.S., or 5th year M.A. or M.S., with an expected graduation date between December 2020 and August 2021
• A well-rounded academic background preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• All majors considered with a preference for communications, marketing, and public relations
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment
• Highly organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written skills – a writing test will be administered for Communication roles
• Absolute discretion when dealing with confidential client details
• Relentless focus on client service
• Fluency across social media channels
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel (organizing data, producing reports), Word (mail merges, formatting), PowerPoint (basic formatting) and photoshop
• Relevant internship experience and leadership in school or community organizations
• Ability to support local events as well as travel when needed
• Event planning industry knowledge and/or prior experience is beneficial but not required
• Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
+ To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT.)
To apply for this job please visit jpmc.fa.oraclecloud.com.