About the job
Fortitude Reinsurance Company Ltd. (Fortitude Re) is one of the world’s leading providers of legacy reinsurance solutions. They work with the world’s leading insurance companies to help them execute comprehensive, transformational solutions for legacy Life & Annuity and P&C lines. Fortitude Re manages a general account of approximately $55 billion across life, annuity, and property & casualty insurance products. The company takes a long-term view on growth and is proud to be backed by a consortium of sophisticated institutional investors led by The Carlyle Group and T&D Insurance Group. Incorporated under the laws of Bermuda on January 1, 2017, Fortitude Re’s roots in the insurance industry and the experience of their leadership go back many decades. Fortitude Re’s leadership team has an average industry tenure of over 20 years, and an impressive track record of successfully managing the most complex legacy liabilities. Their deep insurance experience and proprietary risk modeling capabilities allow them to structure bespoke transactions that benefit both insurance companies and their policyholders. Fortitude Re continues to strengthen its ability to pursue further growth and provide innovative solutions for the global insurance industry. Click here for more information about Fortitude Re.
Be a part of our 10-week Internship Development Program, where you will have the opportunity to apply knowledge gained through your college courses. Becoming an IT, Corporate Applications intern is a great way to enhance your business acumen and gain insight into our industry. Interns are placed into meaningful roles that have an immediate and integral impact on the business. The internship will be based in our Jersey City, NJ office and will run from June 3, 2024, through August 9, 2024. You must be available for all 10 weeks of the program.
Interns will join our information technology team which offers a unique opportunity to obtain core technical knowledge and professional skills. In addition to the experience acquired on the job, interns have the opportunity to learn directly from senior management, participate in webinars, and contribute to discussion forums.
What You Will Do:
- Create, maintain, and update documentation related to IT processes, procedures, and accounting practices. This may include creating user manuals and FAQs.
- Prepare and coordinate financial information for presentations and statuses to program and functional area management through the utilization of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI) tools and other related software.
- Maneuver and understand SAP software and architecture.
- Prepare / or assist to prepare internal project plans for finance transformation related projects and enhancements.
- Be part of prioritization with several Business groups to prioritize the tasks and make sure the tasks are assigned and escalate to relevant partner for any issues.
What You Will Have:
- The ideal candidate is a rising senior majoring in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Some coding experience in Python or R.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- SQL experience is a plus.
- Microsoft Office experience is a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to consider applicants who will now or in the future require sponsorship for an employment visa.
What We Offer:
We offer competitive benefits in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble culture including:
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Up to 11 paid company holidays
- Up to 16 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- Competitive 401(k) plan – US Employees Only
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Mental Health and Wellbeing support
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs
- Flexible working environment
- Actuarial Exam Support through our Actuarial Development Program (ADP) for Actuarial employees
- Actuarial Program Rotation for ADP employees
At Fortitude Re, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission- creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, diversity of thought and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies : Unless you have been requested to work on this position, or other positions with Fortitude Re, please do not forward any resumes to Fortitude Re employees. Fortitude Re is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.