Website Jamesburg Public Library
Broad Scope of Position
Reporting to the Library Director, the Librarian is responsible for the daily operations of the library, with the primary goal of providing exemplary service to all library patrons.
- Perform operation and closing duties
- Provide information on unique services and programs offered by the Library
- Greet and direct patrons
- Record statistics such as patron count throughout shift
- Answer telephone
- Assist patrons in person and by phone by answering questions in a courteous and professional manner.
- Check material in and out
- Facilitate interlibary loan procedures
- Register new patrons
- Edit and update patron records
- Handle fines, fees, and money accurately
- Process and catalog incoming materials
- Edit and update catalog records as necessary
- Shelve all materials both upstairs and downstairs
- Take action to deal with disruptive of problem patrons
- Surprise volunteers as necessary
- Assist patrons printing documents using photocopier and fax documents via fax machine
- Sanitize surfaces at the end of each shift
- Notify Library Director when library supplies need to be replenished
- Attend seasonal staff meetings
Please submit resume to Gabriella Oakley, the Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Part-Time Librarian Opening.”
Hours will include evenings and weekends. Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook and Pinterest) is a plus!
Graduate students in a Library Science Program are encouraged to apply! This is a wonderful experience and opportunity to gain experience in the library field. Jamesburg Public Library is a small location, serving local communities and patrons.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com