The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
Posted Job Title
Lippincott Library of the Wharton School Intern
Job Profile Title
Temporary Employee – Non-Exempt
Job Description Summary
Provides high-quality, customer-focused business information services to the Wharton School of Business and the larger University of Pennsylvania community.
This position works collaboratively with a team of librarian mentors to deliver business information support services across all phases of research, teaching and learning using a range of technologies.
– Provide business research assistance to students, staff and faculty.
– Maintain and improve guides to information resources, videos and other digital learning objects.
– Teach, assess, document and augment business data products, services and analysis tools.
– Assist with projects related to marketing and promoting library services and resources.
– Assist with program and service evaluation.
– Current graduate student in ALA-accredited graduate degree program in library or information science.
– Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
– Service orientation, with the ability to face new and unexpected questions on a regular basis.
– Interest in business information.
– Ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail.
A Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required to be considered for this position. Please upload your Cover Letter where it asks you to upload your Resume/CV; multiple documents are allowed.
$15.00 hr. commensurate with education and experience
Job Location – City, State
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Temporary Employee – Non-Exempt
Department / School
$7.25 – $15.00 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.