NextEra Energy, Inc.
Florida Power & Light Company is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
Calling all creatives, dreamers, and future thinkers – let’s create something big together. We have an ambitious need, and we want your design skills. We’re looking for an exceptional visual designer to join our in-house creative agency for the summer. As our ideal candidate, you will create innovative and compelling campaign elements for a company that’s changing the world for the better. Design works may include annual reports, brochures, advertisements, graphical elements, trade show booth displays, corporate communications, templates, and presentations. Show us what you’ve got and grow at the same time as you work on projects alongside our talented design team.
- Under the guidance of senior designers, create and design various materials for print and digital collateral to meet specific internal and external promotional needs while taking design from concept to implementation
- Develop visual assets in support of creative concepts for marketing campaigns
- Ensure the integrity of brand and design in development of visual solutions
- Actively seek and incorporate feedback on project contributions
- Manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and high-quality work through proofing designs and creative collaboration with other graphic designers
- Produce multiple versions of assets according to each channel’s requirements
- Attend and participate in collaborative brainstorming sessions
- Develop and maintain expertise in the latest production tools and techniques
- Proven expertise in graphic design, photography and typography
- Demonstrable technical and aesthetic knowledge of different visual media formats
- A strong portfolio with impactful, imaginative design work for print and digital
- Experience designing end-to-end creative solutions from concept to pre-production
- Willingness to contribute to creative development and brainstorming sessions
- Comfortable working with a range of internal stakeholders across multiple departments
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding visual, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g.: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nexteraenergy.com.