iBRAIN is one of the largest brain-injury special education programs in the world based in New York City (locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn) and is expanding to add an out-patient clinic as well as growing its research efforts for the brain injury and brain-based disorders community. iBRAIN’s mission is to research, develop and implement special education and related services for students with brain injury and brain-based disorders.
Position Title: Marketing Internship / Change Agent – Entry-level, full-time or part-time unpaid internship to change the world for the millions of families who have a child with a brain injury or brain-based disorder. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to gain specific or general experience as part of an entire Marketing Team in any of the following areas:
• Public Relations
• Graphic Design
• Front-end and Website Development
• Strategic Planning and Business Development
• Event Planning
• Social Media Management
• Public Speaking and Communications
• Creative Writing
Position Summary: The Marketing Intern will assist with the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategic planning for iBRAIN.
Location: REMOTE or IN-PERSON (New York City, New York)
• Support the marketing and communications activities of iBRAIN.
• Assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the annual communications plan across audiences in collaboration with the iBRAIN team and constituents.
• Assist with the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Participate in the decide who, where, and when to disseminate
• Assist with the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and iBRAIN’s website
• Support the management of media contacts
• Engage in community-based advocacy, outreach, and training to disability communities and organizations, particularly to underserved communities.
• Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with other local, state, and federal agencies and organizations involved in preventing, identifying, treating and curing brain injury in youth.
• Assists in fundraising and development for iBRAIN.
• Supports the Marketing Team on all major fundraising initiatives.
• Assists the Marketing Team to develop and implement iBRAIN’s strategic planning.
• Actively work with the Marketing Team and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate, foundation, government grants, etc.
• Provide and present statistical analysis to the Marketing Team.
• Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
• Other duties as assigned.
• Currently enrolled or recent graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design, advertising, business or related field
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Efficient marketing research skills.
• Ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative solutions.
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work independently with appropriate supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to take a leadership role in project coordination.
• MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR
Salary: THIS IS AN UNPAID POSITION (however, you may be eligible for college credit or field placement)
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time (minimum 5 hours per week)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants must provide a cover letter (including time commitments) and a recent CV (resume) and email it to PATRICK@PABILAW.COM.
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
To apply for this job please visit www.barefootstudent.com.