Website Mountainside Public Library
The Mountainside Public Library is seeking a part-time Library Intern who is customer-focused and technology savvy. The Intern will work one Saturday per month, a regularly scheduled 3-hours shift during a weekday, and will attend and take minutes at Board Meetings on the third Monday of each month.
One Saturday per month, one 3-hour shift (day/time to be determined) during a weekday, the third Monday evening of the month, and occasional additional hours as mutually agreed upon.
- Find information and library materials for patrons of all ages
- Provide readers’ advisory services
- Assist with technology-based questions relating to computers, printers, and accessing electronic resources and material
- Open and close the library
- Follow, explain, and enforce library policies and procedures
- Recommend new services and programs
- Assist circulation staff as needed, including covering the desk during staff breaks
- Support program needs
- Promote library events and services
- Attend monthly Board of Trustee meetings, take notes, and produce minutes
- Additional duties and projects that enhance the library and patron experience
- Enrollment in an accredited Master’s degree program in library science with the intent of becoming a certified professional librarian.
- Successful completion of at least 4 classes toward a degree in library science
- Interest in pursuing a career in a public library
- Physical ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Physical ability to bend and reach to access library materials for patrons
- Commitment to customer service and team work
- Competent and comfortable with technology
- Ability to work the designated schedule on a regular basis
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org