Website New Jersey Institute of Technology
Library Access and Outreach Services Coordinator
Van Houten Library
Director of Library Operations
The Library Access and Outreach Services Coordinator will manage all aspects of user services, library space functions, and outreach activities. Reporting to the Director of Library Operations, the Coordinator will develop and oversee outreach and promotional activities and programs for the NJIT Library. The position demands a self-starter with proven service orientation and communication skills, organizational capability, and the ability to handle a broad spectrum of duties. The successful candidate will have an eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to make independent judgments.
Typically works a 35-hour work week, primarily on-site with one remote work day. Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required for open houses and special events. The work schedule may vary, depending on the academic calendar and needs of the library.
Access Services (50%)
– Participate in managing the day-to-day operations, including, but not limited to, working the access service desk and assisting with circulation services (course reserves, stack maintenance, and billing/notices, etc.,), inquiries, complaints, and reservations.
– Oversee and maintain the Van Houten Library calendars, event/meeting room calendars, and group study room reservations.
– Coordinate and assist with cross-functional training for support staff and student assistants. Develop and maintain training materials for the access services team to enhance workflows and create efficiencies.
– Assist library patrons with identifying and locating information resources in digital and print formats and provide paraprofessional reference assistance when necessary.
– Participate in testing and updating the Ex Libris’s Alma library management system’s user management and resource sharing modules.
– Participate in Library and NJIT committees and professional development where appropriate.
Outreach Services (40%)
– Establish, support, and maintain appropriate social media presence on various online platforms.
– Update web content to promote and market library services and resources. Ensure web content is accurate and current, and complies with NJIT branding and media guidelines.
– Maintain and cultivate relationships with appropriate students, faculty, staff, and community stakeholders to promote Library programs, resources, and services.
– Serve as a lead role in curating and mounting the Library’s physical and digital exhibits programs.
– Represent the Library at events, including open houses, homecoming, tours, and special events.
Administrative Support Services (10%)
– Update and maintain weekly schedules for Access Services staff and students.
– Assist with planning and tracking of budget for Access Services staff and students.
– Identify maintenance needs; submit and track facilities work orders.
– Perform other related duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
– At least three (3) years of general library experience.
– Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, and the public with a strong service orientation.
– Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including aptitude to communicate effectively in individual and group settings.
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively while ensuring work accuracy through attention to detail.
– Demonstrated proficiency with computer systems and software including Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (email, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms).
– Ability to carry, push, pull, or lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods, including working substantial hours at the computer.
– The formal education and experience prerequisites may be waived at the University’s discretion if the candidate can demonstrate an equivalent combination of education and experience, specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
– At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be exempted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
– Academic library experience.
– Experience using Ex Libris Alma/Primo and STEM electronic resources.
– Experience using the Springshare suite of products (LibCal, LibGuides, LibAnswers, etc.).
– Proficiency with digital design tools (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar tools) and social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
– Experience directing paraprofessional staff and student employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants should include:
– Cover letter addressing qualifications for the position
– Contact information for three references, including a current supervisor.
References will only be contacted if the candidate is selected as a finalist.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com