Website Norwood Public Library
Children’s Library Assistant
Norwood Public Library, Norwood, NJ
Children’s Library Assistant position(s) – Part-time, Multiple Openings
The Norwood Library is seeking customer-service oriented, reliable individuals to join our staff. Each position would report directly to the Library Director and Senior Staff. Responsibilities include overall general library duties including greeting and assisting patrons.
- Outstanding organizational, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of library methods and procedures
- Ability to work well in a supportive team environment
- Library experience, especially with BCCLS and LEAP, is strongly desired
- General computer experience and knowledge is necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Some college preferred
- Bilingual is a plus (specifically Korean)
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Checking in, out and renewing items including handling fines
- Answering telephones and general library questions
- Registering new patrons and extending expiration dates
- Filling loan requests
- Packing and unpacking deliveries (some light lifting involved)
- Shelving and shelf-reading as needed
- Assisting patrons of all ages with book selections and basic computer support
- Including, but not limited to: children’s story times, STEM programs, book discussions, etc.
Due to the pandemic, hours may be limited at first. Once fully opened, the position(s) require 15 – 20 hours weekly, some evenings and/or weekends may be required. Flexibility to work fill-in hours is preferred. Starting hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
Our current hours are as follows:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Liz Fried at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails only, please no phone calls or visits. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Only candidates who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com