Website Passaic County Community College
PASSAIC COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
TITLE: Reference/Instructional Design Librarian
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Reference/Instructional Design Librarian reports to the Head Librarian and is responsible for developing, managing, accessing, and utilizing the Library’s reference and bibliographic instruction services. The individual also participates in the development of OER (Open Educational Resources), assists in managing the College’s OER initiative and provides instructional design support to faculty. He/she also participates in collection development, and provides other services to faculty, students, and staff, including evening and weekend hours, as assigned.
1. Provide reference services, including bibliographic instruction to faculty, students, and staff.
2. Communicate with faculty regarding collection development, research assignments, projects, and bibliographic library instruction.
3. Conduct ongoing evaluation of the library collection, services, and materials. Make recommendations for improvement.
4. Collaborate with faculty, staff, and other librarians in the development of OER (Open Educational Resources) and assist in managing the College’s OER initiative.
5. Works with state, regional, and national organizations to actively engage in activities and partnerships pertaining to innovative learning, technology, curriculum design and pedagogy and library science
6. Understands and advocates for current trends and best practices in curriculum design for on-ground and distance courses
7. Works with faculty to (re)design courses in multiple modalities
8. Guides faculty in ADA compliance, Universal Design for Learning and copyright and fair use
9. Provides support for online students
10. Works with the Distance Learning Department for the adoption of emerging technologies in support of teaching and learning
11. Perform other duties, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND BACKGROUND:
1. ALA/MLS degree or equivalent.
2. At least three years of reference/instructional design experience required.
3. Service-oriented with strong communication and presentation skills and able to work collegially in a rapidly changing discipline.
4. Work experience with computer applications and online databases.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.