Website Plainsboro Public Library
Plainsboro Public Library seeks two dedicated, energetic, and service-oriented individuals to join a busy Circulation Department. The ideal candidate must enjoy working with the public and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Responsibilities may include:
- Welcoming patrons entering the library, ensuring all are treated equally and with respect;
- Charging out all circulating materials to customers;
- Registering new library customers and renewing current customer accounts;
- Collecting circulation fees and fines for circulating materials and processing transactions;
- Handling the replacement of lost borrower cards;
- Maintaining and updating information on customer library accounts;
- Placing customer’s requests;
- Answering and routing telephone calls;
- Providing customers with directional assistance and/or directing them to the appropriate service desk for help;
- Providing customers with assistance at the public computers and printers including troubleshooting problems;
- Shelving library materials, shelf-reading and searching for items from system generated lists; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and abilities: High School Diploma required. Knowledge of common computer software such as MS Office is required. A background working in libraries or with the public is preferred. Excellent customer service skills, flexibility, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues are a must.
Position reports to the Head of Circulation Services and is available immediately.
Schedule 1: 18 hours per week; Sundays 9:30-5 PM; Mondays 1:30-8:30 PM, Tuesdays 4:30-8:30 PM. Additional hours may be available on an as-needed basis. Please note hours may be adjusted temporarily for closed nights.
Schedule 2: 12 hours per week; Mondays 9:30-1:30 PM, Thursdays 4:30-8:30 PM; Fridays 1-5 PM. Additional hours including weekends may be available on an as-needed basis. Please note hours may be adjusted temporarily for closed nights.
Salary: $15.00 per hour.
For consideration, please email a cover letter and resume to: Head of Circulation Services, firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Circulation part-time position” in the subject line of the email and indicate preferred schedule. No phone calls, please.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. Employment offers are conditional upon a successful background and reference check and include a six-month probationary period. Plainsboro Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicant must comply with the “NJ First Act.”
To apply for this job please visit plainsborolibrary.org.