About us: Highwire Public Relations is a modern communications agency designed for disruptive companies. As the top-ranked independent tech and healthcare PR firm, we represent some of the biggest brands in cloud, enterprise, security, fintech, healthcare, and consumer. We are nimble, creative and committed to growth and inclusivity for all our team members.
At Highwire, we believe that storytelling fuels transformation. And the most impactful stories represent all voices and perspectives. As a values-driven agency, we foster an inclusive environment, where everyone—regardless of age, race/ethnicity, size, shape, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and different abilities–can feel safe, celebrated and worthy.
We ensure every Highwire Walker has unique support to climb to success. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging is permanent and foundational to our business and culture. We aspire to change our industry and build a better future for all.
Highwire is seeking a digital intern to join our growing team to help develop and deliver programs and campaigns on behalf of some of the biggest brands. This is a hands-on and varied role for someone eager to grow a career in social media and digital marketing. The role is suited for someone comfortable working in a fast-paced agency environment who excels at time management, attention to detail and communication.
The digital landscape is ever-changing and we expect you to explore, constantly: New online communities, new pockets of influencers, and new paid media branding opportunities or tactics. You will combine excellent copywriting, curiosity and a strong sense of teamwork. If you are ever-curious and eager to implement the latest digital marketing trends in support of client goals, then this is the internship for you.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working across up to four client accounts, working to multiple deadlines on a weekly basis. You will work closely with integrated marketing colleagues representing digital strategists, designers and public relations professionals.
Highwire’s Internship Program stands out in our industry. With dedicated managers and mentors supporting your growth and an immediate contributing role on real client teams, Highwire interns get the coaching and experience that builds confidence and hones marketing skills.
Highwire is a hybrid in-person and remote workplace. Our team members can work from home or from offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Boston. We recommend that team members work from the office one day per week but it is not mandatory. Because remote work is a core part of our culture, strong communication via Slack and email as well as the ability to work independently is essential for success.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Contribute to integrated marketing teams that include PR, social media, content creation, demand generation
- Develop draft copy for social media posts
- Develop design briefs for social media and advertising assets
- Set up paid social media and search campaigns, for review by digital manager/director
- Monitor campaigns on a daily basis, identify areas for improvement and make proactive suggestions, develop checklists where required
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success of campaigns
- Attend client meetings, take notes and assign actions
- Monitor social media activity and take responsibility for community engagement based on agreed escalation plans, social media guidelines and best practices on a per-channel basis
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends. Share timely observations and recommendations with the wider Digital team and demonstrate how we can all adapt accordingly
- Make optimization recommendations for improving campaign effectiveness and delivery
- Advanced measurement and reporting, including the use of automated dashboards like Google Data Studio
- College graduate as of March 2023
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude Attention to detail is a must as you will be producing client-facing documents
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work across multiple projects and clients
- A team player that is comfortable hitting deadlines
- Thoughtful communicator able to work independently and keep teams updated
- Strong writing and editing skills with exemplary English grammar
- Ability to navigate and master social media and social networking sites
- Genuine interest in technology and comfortable working in technical and regulated industries
- Education and/or experience in digital marketing and/or communications
- The anticipated salary range for this position is $20/per hour. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.