Rutgers New Brunswick Libraries / Special Collections and University Archives
Posting Summary: Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Digital Library Specialist for New Brunswick Libraries. This is a grant-funded position located on the College Avenue Campus working with a subset of the William Elliot Griffis Collection (Special Collections and University Archives) concerning Korean history. The period covered by the letters is 1874-1927. The Digital Library Specialist reports to the curator of the Griffis Collection. Among the key duties of the position are the following:
- Verifies and creates metadata for digital resources in the Libraries’ repository cataloging system.
- Maintains information in Work Management System.
- Produces regular narrative and quantitative assessments of work performed.
Position Status: Part Time
Hourly Rate: $17.00-$25.00 (salary commensurate with experience)
Hours per Week: 10
Required Qualifications: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Students must be enrolled full-time in a Rutgers degree-granting program.
Preferred Qualifications: One or more of the following:
- Students currently enrolled in the Master of Information degree program or a humanities discipline. We encourage students to apply who have taken or plan to take courses in metadata, digital libraries, library technology, and project management
- Rutgers University student in the School of Communication and Information with a variety of academic and work experience.
- Rutgers University student in History or East Asian Languages and Cultures with experience in digital cultural heritage.
- Knowledge of or experience with metadata.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org