Rutgers Office of Climate Action
The Office of Climate Action is seeking a Communications Intern to work 15 hours/week for the duration of the Fall 2022 semester, with an option to continue through Spring 2023. The Communications Intern will report to the Associate Director of the Office of Climate Action.
Duties for this position may include:
• Providing general email newsletter support, including writing two to three stories per month and potentially conducting brief interviews.
• Researching, editing, fact checking and proofreading content.
• Developing a social media strategy with office staff
• Generating social media content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and posting to Hootsuite.
• Assisting with contact database management in Mailchimp.
• Assisting with general day-to-day activities.
• Have excellent writing and research skills.
• Be organized and able to manage multiple projects.
• Be self-motivated.
• Manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
• Graphic design experience a plus, but not required.
The ideal candidate will be a student who can take initiative, offer creative solutions, and has a desire to communicate climate action to the Rutgers community. The hourly pay is $15.
We are accepting applications for the fall semester from currently enrolled Rutgers University students.
Application. Email Katie Parrish (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, September 16th with the following information:
• Name, email address, phone number
• Current school/college at Rutgers
• Current major(s)/minor(s)
• Month/Year you expect to graduate
• Semester(s) you are available to intern
• A 1-page statement about your skills/experiences as related to this position
• Attach résumé
• Attach two short writing samples that demonstrate your ability to communicate to broad audiences
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com