This a universitywide office.
Excellent experience, dynamic team, interesting work…
Paid internship for communication or journalism major in Rutgers’ Office of Research and Economic Development, Spring Semester 2015
Communicating some of the fascinating, world-class research at Rutgers, from flavors and fragrances to big data and development of new drugs…
Rutgers’ Office of Research and Economic Development is seeking a smart, skilled, energetic and responsible communications student to work as an intern in a challenging and interesting public relations role. The supervisor is a highly experienced public relations professional and previous interns are available to discuss the job’s attributes.
Our communications function was started just over three years ago, so this is an opportunity to help build an operation that uses conventional channels plus digital and social media. Our efforts are increasingly important to Rutgers’ reputation and our work extends university-wide, including Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences.
The successful candidate will perform and assist with a wide range of both challenging and routine communications tasks, including:
· Creating, writing, and posting social media and website content daily
· Shooting photos and video, with editing and posting (office owns new Nikon 5100)
· Writing and editing news copy
· Organizing records and researching story ideas
· Managing data and content files
· Junior or senior in the Fall 2015 semester
· Strong writer
· Creative thinker
· Focus on detail and excellent grammar
· Professional attitude and willingness to accept criticism
· Good computer skills
· Excellent references from previous internships, faculty or outside employment,
· Familiar with AP style and website management are plusses.
This paid internship for the spring semester is an excellent learning opportunity with high expectations and a wide variety of assignments, allowing the intern to add significantly to her or his portfolio. We prefer 120 hours but will accept 100 hours. Additional hours may be offered but would be totally optional. The internship entails a reasonable balance of routine tasks and challenging work.
Our office is moving to newly renovated space at 33 Knightsbridge Road, Piscataway. There is no bus service to this location, but it’s only three miles from Busch campus and parking is convenient.
Contact the supervisor: Edward Tate, Director of Communications, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send via email three or more writing samples, your resumé, and two references’ contact information (one should be a Rutgers faculty member).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com