Rutgers University’s School of Communication & Information (SC&I) in New Brunswick is seeking an intern to work 15-20 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks on a for-credit basis. The Graphic Designer Intern will report to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
· Assist in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized.
· Incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for ads, banners, event flyers, etc.
· Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
· Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion.
· Be organized and able to multi-task.
· Be assertive.
· Manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
· Prefer candidates who have taken a few graphic design courses.
· Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
· Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
· Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
· Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback.
SC&I is looking for someone who can take initiative and offer creative solutions. This internship is for academic credit and the hourly pay is $15. We are accepting applications for spring and summer semesters.
Email Brenda.Sheridan@rutgers.edu with the following information:
· Name, email address, phone number
· Current school/college at Rutgers
· Current major(s)/minor(s)
· Month/Year you expect to graduate
· Semester(s) you are available to intern
· General statement about your skills/experiences as related to this position
· Attach résumé
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org