Wasserman powers the business of sports, music, entertainment and culture. Founded in 2002, Wasserman represents many of the world’s most iconic sports and entertainment figures, musical artists, brands and properties, empowering them to shape culture and captivate audiences worldwide.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, Wasserman operates globally across 27 countries and more than 62 cities, including New York, London, Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Madrid, Mexico City, Toronto, Paris and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.teamwass.com.
Please note: This is an unpaid internship. Candidates must be eligible to receive college credit as compensation for this internship. Candidates selected to move forward in the interview process will need to submit proof of eligibility to receive academic credit for their time interning with Wasserman, and will be disqualified if they are unable to do so.
- Support the communications and public relations department, including internal, external, and corporate communications.
- Edit, update and expand media contact lists.
- Contribute to researching, editing, and writing press releases, statements, and other internal and external communications.
- Track and log media opportunities for executive, agents, and clients.
- Assist with tracking and submitting corporate award nominations, editorial calendars, and tentpole industry moments
- Help maintain internal corporate calendar and assist with planning and execution of internal ‘Employee Spotlight’ on Slack.
- Assist with content and ideas for Wasserman’s Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn feeds
- Help vet incoming media inquiries.
- Assist with updating and maintaining client rosters.
- Administrative duties as assigned.
- Degree currently in progress, preferably majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, etc.
- Strong writing and editing capabilities.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of the media landscape, including print, online, broadcast, podcast, etc.
- Awareness of industry trends.
- Thorough understanding of social media, especially Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Well-developed communication, organizational and time management skills, as well as basic administrative skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and strict deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Displays indications of being loyal and trustworthy with the organization and clients.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to receive college credit for an internship opportunity
- Time commitment expectation is 15-20 hours per week
The spring internship program runs from January 22, 2024 – April 26, 2024.
We are open to this being a fully remote position, or hybrid out of our Los Angeles, CA office.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.