The Edward J Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy
Student Marketing/Event Management Research Assistant Job Description
Application deadline: September 17 2023
(9/2023 – 4/2024)
Hybrid – Remote-Virtual and On-site work.
The Edward J Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy seeks a Student Marketing/Event Management Research Assistant to support the research, design/development, execution and management of Analytics / Public Informatics/ Data Science Events for Fall 2023 and Spring of 2024. While some exposure to the domain in preferred, this Research Assistant does not necessarily need to understand or be skilled in informatics/analytics, but it is expected that they will support the public informatics program faculty in the planning and design of the Analytics / Public Informatics/ Data Science Events, marketing of the such events to students across the country using social media and email, as well as support the execution and management of such events. This work is associated with the MPI program @ Bloustein (https://bloustein.rutgers.edu/graduate/public-informatics/mpi/ ).
The work will be balanced between online and in-person activities, in-person meetings and presence will be needed, especially at the launch of the event. The Marketing Research Assistant will:
1. Support the planning and design of Analytics / Informatics/ Data Science events.
2. Assist in all content creation, marketing and promotional activities (e.g. social media, website, press releases) for event, including the design and execution of social media campaigns
3. Assist in developing strategies for increasing engagement and visibility of the event
4. Prepare communications and marketing collateral, such as social media graphics and posts, event flyers, and other promotional materials
5. Support the sign up/registration processes for events 6. Provide communication support to both internal (students, faculty, administration) and external constituents (students, employers, judges). 7. Support the execution of events.
This position will work under the supervision of Prof. Jim Samuel, MPI Program Director.
Successful applicants will be highly self-motivated and self-managing individuals with proven excellence in (English) writing, interest in marketing, communications and program design/management. The position requires strong organization, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and attention to detail as well as consistent availability for 10-17 hours per week of work during the semester.
Other requirements include:
· Data collection
· Use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Mastery of major social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube. Working knowledge of others such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Snap and Google+
· Preferred – knowledge of digital media software – Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe; R / Python
· InDesign and other graphic design software
This position is open to current Rutgers–New Brunswick graduate students in relevant disciplines who are eligible for on-campus employment. Students with full-time enrollment status are preferred.
Although Graduate students are preferred, Undergraduate students with significant experience in marketing and event management may be considered.
This is a two-semester, 10-17 hours-per-week position paid at a standard hourly
rate paid depending on whether student is an undergraduate or graduate student . The term of employment is September, 2023 to approximately April or May of 2024.
Please submit the following materials via e-mail to email@example.com:
– Resume or Curriculum Vitae
– Cover Letter describing how you meet the requirements for the position; contributions you can make to this position; discuss any relevant experience.
– Names and contact information for two (2) references
First consideration will be given to applications received by **September 8, 2023**.
Some useful links to understand the MPI program @ Bloustein Details about the informatics ~ MPI program: https://bloustein.rutgers.edu/graduate/public-informatics/mpi/
Feel free to follow us on this link where we will be posting updates, job /RA openings, and future events: https://www.linkedin.com/company/rutgers-masters-in-public-informatics/
Informatics graduate certificate: https://bloustein.rutgers.edu/graduate/public-informatics/mpi/certificate/
PISG Student group for informatics / analytics / AI: https://bloustein.rutgers.edu/students/organizations/pisg/ Video links & Details about RUCIL-MPI events: https://bloustein.rutgers.edu/graduate/public-informatics/ejb-intelligent-informatics/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org