About the job
Who We Are
SiriusXM and its brands (Pandora, SXM Media, AdsWizz, Simplecast, and SiriusXM Connected Vehicle Services) are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing SiriusXM’s vision to life every day.
SiriusXM is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. SiriusXM’s platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts. Pandora, a subsidiary of SiriusXM, is the largest ad-supported audio entertainment streaming service in the U.S. SiriusXM’s subsidiaries Simplecast and AdsWizz make it a leader in podcast hosting, production, distribution, analytics and monetization. The Company’s advertising sales organization, which operates as SXM Media, leverages its scale, cross-platform sales organization and ad tech capabilities to deliver results for audio creators and advertisers. SiriusXM, through Sirius XM Canada Holdings, Inc., also offers satellite radio and audio entertainment in Canada. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, SiriusXM offers connected vehicle services to automakers
How You’ll Make An Impact
Our engineers get to solve cool problems for more than 100 million users. We have an opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic software engineering intern to participate on our team and develop high-quality software solutions for the SiriusXM & Pandora platforms as we bring it to our large and growing community of listeners. You will be a significant contributor on a hard-working team, and take pride in your work. We have high expectations, and are looking for very knowledgeable and capable interns with solid software development skills. This position is designed to provide you with an opportunity to learn and gain experience crafting solutions to “real world” challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Perform analysis on data from 3rd party providers and integrate it into our content distribution catalog.
- Work with our infrastructure teams on the development and deployment of new software solution for on premise and cloud platforms
- Perform other duties as required.
What You’ll Need
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university (those graduating by May 2025 are preferred) and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
- Majors in computer science, or a related field preferred.
- Experience with analytics and databases, a plus.
- Previous experience in software development – work projects, internships, summer jobs, etc. preferred.
- Be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and skills.
- Interest in how companies use data to deliver fantastic experience to our users.
- Must be capable of managing time well and working collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
At SiriusXM, we carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. We expect the base salary for this position to be $37-40/hr and will depend on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Our goal at SiriusXM is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
To apply for this job please visit careers.siriusxm.com.