Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. If you’re curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique community, and help shape the future – then take a look at this opportunity.
The Associate Manager, Social Media is responsible for developing and implementing creative and effective social media strategies to support audience growth and sales of all MIT Press products (trade books, academic books, textbooks, journals, MIT Press Direct, and other institutional products). These strategies encompass paid and organic social media campaigns, content marketing, influencer and network outreach, and book promotions, in coordination with authors, editors, and other partners. This role also directs the production of cohesive, on-brand content and digital media across social media, merchandise, video, podcast, animations, and graphics.
This job opportunity is available for remote work or hybrid scheduling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy in support of all MIT Press products (trade books, academic books, textbooks, journals, and MIT Press Direct) that includes paid and organic campaigns, author platform building, and content marketing.
Implement growth strategies to expand the MIT Press brand presence across social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram; develop and execute organic marketing campaigns for digital-first publications.
Act as audience engagement manager on social media channels, interacting directly with social media audience, fielding inquiries, monitoring trends, and leveraging influencer and network outreach.
Create on-brand, engaging, and accurate visual and written content across all channels; direct marketing design across all mediums, including photography, book graphics, info graphics, video, interviews, podcast, animations for social media use.
Develop and regularly analyze social media and campaign benchmark metrics to create more refined, targeted social media and content strategies. Perform seasonal analysis to track ROI (return on investment) on campaigns, and inform future social media initiatives and product lines; present seasonal reports on the success of both paid and organic social media initiatives; present seasonal plans across departments at the MIT Press.
Disseminate knowledge and research about social media best practices across the MIT Press; provide individual guidance on social media strategy for authors and journal editors when needed; develop standard guides and training for widespread distribution.
In collaboration with marketing and communications colleagues, manage the implementation of social media strategy through Hubspot for books and journals.
Other duties as needed or required.
Supervision Received: Reports to Director of Marketing & Communications.
Supervision Exercised: This position collaborates with external vendors on a project basis. May lead a team of 2-3 staff members including a seasonal intern.
Coordinates these efforts closely with: Advertising and Promotions Coordinator and wider marketing team; Publicity Manager and publicity team; and Head of Web Editorial and Content Strategy
Qualifications & Skills:
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 3 years of digital communications experience required.
- Deep knowledge of social media and best practices for content.
- Experience with photography, videography, and graphic design.
- Experience implementing social media campaigns and demonstrated proficiency with current and emerging social media and digital platforms.
- Experience with social advertising platforms and owned social management tools, such as Hootsuite.
- Excellent writing, editing, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative, strategic, and analytic thinking skills.
- Experience analyzing digital metrics (experience with Google Analytics would be a plus).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage an annual budget.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, Adobe Creative Cloud.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience implementing social media campaigns, preferably at a trade publisher or university press.
- Experience using Mailchimp, Hubspot, or other similar Marketing Automation Tools.
- Experience using Content Management Systems such as Airtable, WordPress, or Drupal.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, and familiarity with Drupal and Medium.
- Experience managing a team of two or more.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.