Website The Parsippany-Troy Hills Public Library System
The Parsippany-Troy Hills Public Library System is seeking a Full Time Information Services Manager (Civil Service Librarian 3) for the Main Library. Responsibilities include the development and implementation of library services for adults, reference and readers’ advisory service, adult collection development, and supervision and scheduling of department staff. As part of the library’s management team, the Information Services Manager will have strong leadership skills and broad knowledge of library policies and practices. The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm and passion for public library service, and will be dedicated to the library’s mission and vision. Schedule is 35 hours per week and will include up to one night per week and up to two weekend days per month.
About the Library: The Parsippany-Troy Hills Public Library System serves a population of 54,000 with a Main Library and two branches. Located in Morris County, NJ, Parsippany is a vibrant and diverse community which has often been recognized as one of the best places to live in the U.S.
Qualifications: ALA-accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science, a NJ Librarian Certificate issued by Thomas Edison State University (or eligibility to immediately acquire one) and 3-4 years of increasing responsibility in a public library setting required.
Other Important Information: New Jersey residency is required within one year of date of hire. Successful completion of a criminal background check is also required. Initial appointment provisional pending Civil Service procedure. The Librarian 3 title is a Civil Service governed job position and additional information can be found at: https://info.csc.state.nj.us/jobspec/02820.htm
Compensation: Salary is $65,000, with generous health benefits and paid time off.
To apply: Please send a completed application (found on our website), cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to Melanie.Allerdings@parsippanylibrary.org by 8/6/2021. No phone calls please.
Position Title – Librarian 3, Information Services Manager
Location – Main Library 449 Halsey Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054
Department – Reference
Supervisor – Melissa Kuzma, Library Director
Salary – $65,000
– Provides reference and reader’s advisory service to all library customers
– Keep up to date with current trends with print and electronic media
– Assist patrons with research, computer software, and other technology related questions
– Provide technology instruction and troubleshooting to computers and copier machines
– Enforce Library rules of conduct and policies with patrons
– Coordinates collection development of assigned sections
– Examines all parts of the collection; adds or deletes items as necessary
– Weeds collection as agreed upon and within the guidelines established in the library’s collection development policy
– Makes recommendations for periodical subscriptions
– Remains within budget for items each year
– Purchases titles requested by customers
– Keeps appropriate reference statistics to assist with determining collection development needs
Staff and Professional Responsibility
– Develop, implement, evaluate, and promote library services and programs
– Provides leadership and direction to the reference and PR staff
– Schedule staff to ensure that desk, programs, and programs are covered.
– Approves time off requests and employee timecards in a timely manner, consistent with the payroll schedule.
– Participate in Leadership Meetings
– Prepares all department reports on a monthly/yearly basis
– Gives input into determining department goals and objectives
– In the absence of the branch head, handles building concerns
– Assist with searching for and creating grant proposals
The above list is not exhaustive, but is a representation of job duties.
– A Master’s degree in Library or Information Sciences
– Valid Certification as a Professional Librarian issued by Thomas Edison State University
– 3-4 Years of public library experience with increasing and/or supervisory experience
– New Jersey residency requirement: “New Jersey First Act”, N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70).
– Availability to work a minimum of one evening per week, and up to two weekend days per month.
– Ability to perform the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Able to sit, stand, bend, kneel, climb, push, and pull. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com