EPA's mission is to protect human health and the environment.
This position is in EPA Region 2, Mission Support Division, Information Resources Management Branch, Information Management Section. EPA Region 2 serves New York, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and 8 federally recognized tribal nations.
To learn more about EPA Region 2, visit epa.gov/aboutepa/epa-region-2.
At the GS-07 level of this position, you will:
• Perform varied routine program analysis functions;
• Research and interpret legal and regulatory material for use by supervisor or co-workers;
• Collect data from a variety of reference sources in office and prepare reports to present patterns and trends in program activities;
• Assemble material for staff associated with briefings, conferences, and meetings;
• Assist senior staff in evaluating and interpreting records requirements, maintenance, retrieval, and disposition in accordance with federal and agency regulations and policies.
As a Pathways Indefinite Intern, upon completion of the Pathways Program you may be converted from the Excepted Service to the Competitive Service. Once converted, you will also be placed on a career ladder through which you may receive annual noncompetitive promotions. This position has a career ladder up to the full performance level of GS-12.
To qualify for the GS-07 level, you need:
• One full year of graduate level education; OR
• A bachelor’s degree with superior academic achievement; OR
• At least 1 year of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 level defined as experience with records management (i.e., Information Science, Archives, Preservation, Library Science); OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
If you have part-time work experience, read this: EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. The position must be related to the student’s academic field of study or the student’s career interests. Additional information about the Pathways Internship Program can be found at: USAJOBS Information Sheet.
If you are graduating from your present course of study at the end of the current semester/quarter, to be eligible for this program you must be continuing your education next semester/quarter and be accepted for enrollment seeking a diploma, certificate, bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, or professional degree from a qualifying educational institution on a full- or half-time basis.
Pathways Indefinite Interns who successfully complete the program may be converted to a term or permanent position in the competitive service without further competition. NOTE: To be eligible for conversion, you must complete 640 hours of work (if you meet all required criteria, up to 320 hours may be waived if: (1) you complete 320 hours of career-related work experience under a Pathways Internship Program appointment and have demonstrated high potential by outstanding academic achievement and exceptional job performance; or (2) you complete comparable non-federal internship experience in a field or functional area related to your target position).
This position has portable work. If selected for this position, you may be authorized to telework after meeting eligibility requirements if approved by the supervisor/manager. Telework is available based on agency policy and/or applicable collective bargaining agreement which may not allow for full-time telework. NOTE: The agency is currently utilizing maximum telework flexibilities due to COVID. Once normal operations resume, you will be required to report to the location stated in this announcement.
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.