University of California, Los Angeles
Medical Education Librarian
Rank and Salary: Assistant Librarian to Associate Librarian ($60,116 – $82,767)
Position Availability: Immediately
Application deadline for first consideration: January 6, 2023
The UCLA Library seeks a highly collaborative, user-focused professional for the position of Medical Education Librarian. Recent graduates and those looking to enter medical librarianship are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Director of the Louise M. Darling Biomedical Library and Science and Engineering Library, the Medical Education Librarian works to advance research, scholarship, collections, and teaching in medicine. The librarian will serve as liaison to the David Geffen School of Medicine, be an ex officio member of the school’s Medical Education Committee, and be the primary contact for medical school curriculum instruction and research support. Secondarily, the Medical Education Librarian will support systematic review work at UCLA through participation in the Library’s systematic review service.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with faculty and library staff to plan, deliver, and assess library and instructional services to the David Geffen School of Medicine on various topics, including biomedical databases, citation management tools, and biomedical research strategies;
- Provide consultations and research support for graduate students, residents, faculty, and researchers on the use of biomedical and citation management resources and tools;
- Develop workshops, programs, and orientation sessions;
- Support collection development through review of existing collections and recommendation of new resources;
- Perform literature searches in support of systematic reviews, research, grants, clinical practice, teaching, and publishing;
- Provide general reference and research support for students, faculty and researchers in the health sciences in collaboration with Biomedical Library colleagues;
- Develop and maintain relationships with campus partners in collaboration with library colleagues;
- Maintain awareness of changes and trends within David Geffen School of Medicine and related campus programs;
- Participate in outreach events and activities grounded in teaching, research, creative and civic engagement and that demonstrate a commitment to including diverse voices;
- Actively contribute to a User Engagement Functional Team and library-wide initiatives; and
- Work with Library Development to identify, cultivate, and steward donors, collections, and gift funds.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.apo.ucla.edu.