Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, thecreators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
Overview of the internships
This could include, but is not limited to:
• Motion Design
• Studios Edit
• Sports Edit
• Creative Services
• Video Editor
• Marketing (short form edit)
Duties could include:
• Collaborate with team members in creative brainstorms and pitch new video concepts
• Assist editors and producers as the campaign is developed and executed
• AVID editing, or equivalent, logging and screening shows for various campaigns
• Responsible for QC (quality control), versioning and delivering final approved promo edits into various specs for different digital platforms
• Assist the team on creating key A/V Assets like Teasers, Trailers, Featurettes and Promos
• Assist in asset management and content selection of new and library titles for incoming projects with video editors and motion graphic designers
• Essentials needed for the positions that are similar across the above roles (these do not all have to apply to every single role)
• Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
• Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
• Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Superior organization and communication skills
• Ability to work on a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of industry standard video edit tools (ex: After Effects, Avid, Premiere Pro, etc)
• Experience in production, audio mixing, music research, or marketing a bonus
• Highly preferred to have a reel linked on your resume to showcase recent video editing work
About Our Internship Program
WBD’s Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
● Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
● Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
● Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
● Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
● Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
● A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
● Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
● The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
● Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
● Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
● The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
○ Program date options:
■ Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
■ End Date: August 18th or August 25th
● Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
● Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
● Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wbd.com.