Center for Economic and Policy Research
The Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) has an immediate opening for a Digital Communications Intern to support our Domestic and International programs. The internship starts in January 2023 and will end in May 2023 (the specific dates are somewhat flexible).This is a full time, remote position.
Job Description: The Digital Communications Intern will work closely with the Digital and Social Media Director to create and implement social media campaigns to increase engagement across our social networks and grow our list of email subscribers. For social media-savvy digital marketing or communications students and others with online advocacy talent, this is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience taking on complicated communications challenges that will make a difference.
The responsibilities vary based on the applicant’s interests and experience and the particular issues that CEPR is working on at the time.
- Assist the Social and Digital Media Director in brainstorming and copywriting social media posts across multiple issues for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Brainstorm and pitch graphic and video ideas based on CEPR research and current news trends.
- Assists with collecting and analyzing email and social media analytics to inform strategy and content development.
- Support CRM list management, including measuring and optimizing email delivery and creating and conducting re-engagement campaigns.
- Track speeches of public officials and assist in rapid-response work by clipping videos for social.
- Assist in drafting e-mails to partners for report releases.
- Help fact-check data visualizations.
- Align social, web, and email efforts, collaborating closely with other communication team members.
- Tracking tasks on Monday.com.
- Stay abreast of and integrate the latest digital trends, tools, and technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Spanish language fluency a plus.
- Successful candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience), and a broad interest in US domestic and foreign policy as well as economic justice;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work culture with limited supervision and be able to work independently and with a team;
- Confidence and comfort in expressing their ideas and asking questions;
- Possess excellent attention to detail, ability to handle multiple projects and coordinate workflow;
- Experience with Adobe CC and video editing software or Canva;
- Strong writing, research, and communication skills;
- Be active on social media and up-to-date on best practices across Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter;
- Experience with CRM tools is preferred but optional.
To apply for this job please visit cepr.net.