Thank you to the almost 250 students and alumni who RSVP’d to The Mingle. We had a GREAT networking event.
Here are a few things you can do over the break to move forward on your career path: Not sure what your career path is?
- Do some research. Wander around on Occupational Outlook and learn about career options, salaries and similar job categories. https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- Get on Lynda and start learning new skills to put on your resume. You will be amazed, earn certificates to display your talents! Log in through SC&I: https://comminfo.rutgers.edu/faculty-staff/teaching-and-learning-resources/instructional-design-and-technology-services/instructional-technologies/lyndacampus-sci-and-mgsa-va
- The University Career Services Spring Career & Internship Mega Fair 2018 is coming! Start your research now on what company representatives to talk with. Students and alumni are welcome. Check out the MegaFastPass option at: http://careers.rutgers.edu/events_description.cfm?event_id=11658
- Revise your resume. I’ve attached a sample to get you started. Remember, an HR person will spend 8-10 seconds looking. Do not use tiny font and hide critical information. Make it easy for them to see you are the right candidate. Find Vault on the Home page of CareerKnight and log in to get inspired. https://careers.rutgers.edu/
- Refresh and relax. Sometimes just breathing will help to clarify your dreams and aspirations. Try Focus 2 to help identify what your strengths are and what makes you happy. Free and online, find it on the Home page of CareerKnight and log in.