We asked and here is what the employers wanted to say to you following the SC&I WIDE CAREER EXPO:
- Build your Networking skills and your Network.
- Be sure to Follow UP!
- NETWORK! Whether it’s with those of us in professional organizations or hiring companies, reach out and talk to us!
- Use the people you met at this event. Email them immediately and remind them of your encounter.
- Please follow up with an outreach via email if seriously interested!
- Students should know the importance of follow-up. Dropping off resume is “not enough”. We want to know they are truly interested in our agency.
- Think of short ways to sell/pitch yourself (elevator pitch).
- Do research about company. Have a 15 second elevator pitch. Make eye contact. Be able to speak about your experience and how it translates to the relevant company.
- Don’t limit yourself to your major, don’t be afraid to apply your skills to other career areas
HAVE YOU DONE SOME FOLLOW-UP ON THE EMPLOYERS AND ORGANIZATIONS YOU MET AT THE EXPO?
COME TO A DROP IN ADVISING SESSION OR GET IN TOUCH WITH HESTER COAN (email@example.com) TO TALK ABOUT YOUR CAREER PATH!