Did you know that a Human Resources manager can spend less than 10 seconds on a resume?
Make sure they can see the information that relates to your desired position.
Help them hire you.
Dr. Coan’s basic resume tips
- Develop each resume uniquely using vocabulary from the job/internship ad.
- Limit your bullet points to a single line (show you can edit).
- Start each line with an action verb!
- Gain technical skills to list on your resume for free at lyndaCampus through SC&I.
- Remember every app you use and take for granted is a skill you have.
- Think of your resume as a short advertisement, not your life story.
- Limit yourself to one page, one inch margins all around, 12 point font.
- Do not squeeze! Demonstrate your design ability
- Resumes are scanned for key terms, be sure you’ve inserted them
- Save and send your resume like a pro: as a .pdf (Smith Suzie Resume)
Come to a Drop in Career Advising session or email today: email@example.com
Check out the earlier Newsletter Pages for more Career Tips.
Newsletter 18 CareerKnight Insider Tips Why you want to go there!
Newsletter #14 What’s Your Passion? Use Focus 2 to learn about yourself.